Sunday, April 1, 2012

And, I am back!

I haven't written in a while. I guess you could say I have been pretty busy. I started my new job in the middle of January. The hour-long commute to and from work, combined with nightly duties of cooking, cleaning up, playing with child, putting child to bed, and spending time with husband have taken over my life. I'll think of something I could write about and, before you know it, :: poof :: the opportunity is gone.

Today, we took Jonathan to mass. Palm Sunday mass. A two-year old to Palm Sunday mass. For those of you that go to a Catholic church, you can see where this is going, can't you? Momma forgot just how long the Gospel reading is. Momma also forgot that people don't particularly care for a child making truck noises throughout the readings, prayers and songs. It was my idea to go, too. We go to the Presbyterian church for services occasionally, but with my Catholic upbringing, I felt this inner pull to go to an actual mass for Palm Sunday. I wanted to experience something I was used to. I ... was only thinking of myself. Yeah, way to go, Bridget.

Luckily, the church had a play room where they hold Sunday school. Of course, Jonathan immediately gravitated toward the trucks and tractors. That's my boy! These days, anything that has to do with transportation makes him happy. I had to miss the majority of the mass, but at least we made the attempt.

We ventured to Target afterward, where Bobby and I got our morning chai/coffee and Jonathan enjoyed his little milk-box (like a juice box, but with milk). Did we really have a reason to be in Target? No. It's just what we do when we don't know what else to do -- we hit up the "Tar-jay".

That completely unproductive trip ended with me spilling my hot chai all over my legs as we got in the car. As we drove the not even 10 minutes back home, the temperature quickly went from hot to cold and clammy. Ugh. Sundays are supposed to be a day of rest, right? All I have felt today is busy and brain-fried ... and it is not even 12:30!

Now, I sit here writing this, with Cars 2 on to keep Jonathan happy and hopefully calm so I can get some stuff done around this house. I told Bobby to go see Hunger Games; he's been talking about it and I think he needed a little mental break. I got to go do fun things yesterday, so now it is his turn. I'll need to get groceries at some point, though the thought of going back out with Jonathan before he's napped is a little frightening.

Anyway, after rambling for nearly 10 minutes, I think it's time to call it quits. I'll try to update more often but, until next time, adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment