Tuesday, November 5, 2013

13 Weeks, 4 Days

Well, hey, there, land of the blog. It's been a while, and I am sorry I broke my promise.

I actually broke a lot of promises to myself this year and, well, it sucks when you think back on how ambitious you felt months ago and compare that where you are now, realizing not much has changed.

I haven't finished my novel. I sure have thought about my main character, though. She's currently at a moment where she needs to make a very important decision that could very well tear her marriage apart, but could give her the excitement she needs to feel alive again. Shit. I should get back to that.

I haven't been blogging faithfully. I've been busy working, going home and doing dinner/bath for kid/bedtime for kid and wanting to just relax. Excuses, excuses, excuses -- I know. I have, at least, gotten J Man fully potty trained. WIN. Major win.

Also, if you couldn't tell from the title. I AM PREGNANT. I guess you could say that is one thing I had hoped to accomplish this year that I luckily could check off the list. We are due May 10!

I really want to use this blog as an outlet through the next 7 months or so. I've had a lot of things come to me that I wanted to write down so far, and I haven't. Dangit, I am going to stick to it this time.

So, brief little recap here: hubs is almost finished with school, and my due date, yeah, that's his graduation day. Way to go, us, right? If things go our way, baby will come early. J Man was three weeks early. Otherwise, I will be hugely pregnant at graduation, holding a little baby, or in the hospital. I really, REALLY, do not want to be in the hospital. I desperately want to be there to see hubs graduate!

We told J Man about the baby pretty much as soon as we found out. We wanted him involved from the beginning, and I also wanted him to understand why mommy may not be able to do some of the things I usually do for him while I grow the baby in my belly. That, of course, prompted a ton of questions and hysterical moments which I will save for a future post.

Another future post I will save is about the gender. Obviously, we'd love to have a little girl. We want two kids, and if we have the girl, we'll be even! A lot of people are convinced this is a boy, though. I've come to accept that if I have a second boy, I will have my two boys, and enjoy watching them grow. I have seen too many people go through hard times with babies and losses that I feel I should be grateful for a healthy baby. Period. And I will be.

Anyway, before this gets too long, I will go ahead and close it out. I have lots of ideas for topics I want to cover, and am excited to be back in the saddle again. I'm not sure if I will post weekly, as my pregnancy progresses, or if I will want to do some in-between posts, too. That's likely.

I hope you all have a great week/few days and that life is treating you well. Until next time, folks! :)

ETA: I should mention that yes, I did accomplish landing a job (phew!) and this page has NOT moved to a new site yet. I have a domain, but with hubs in school and working, as well as me working, we haven't had the time to make it "right." We'll get there, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment