Friday, January 4, 2013

2013: Bring it

And here it is, the end of the first week of 2013. I am facing this year with a sense of optimism. Thirteen has always been a number bringing great things for me and my family; hopefully it doesn't let me down.

Brief history of 13 in my life:
My grandmother and mother were born on the thirteenth.
I was number 13 in a dance competition the first time I won first place!
I went into labor on March 13
I don't have much more, but those things alone make me happy. :)

I have goals to reach this year; not so much resolutions, but accomplishments I plan to achieve. I'm writing. I will finish this novel and begin the query process, remaining cautiously optimistic that someone, maybe, will be interested enough to offer me representation.

I'm still applying to and interviewing for jobs. I feel I am at the point where an offer may possibly be made soon and, frankly, I need an offer to be made. My freelancing gig just ended, husband is still a student working part-time and we have rent and bills to pay and a child to take care of. Again, keeping my chin up and eyes forward. Things will come together.

Jonathan will be three in just over two months. How is that possible?! Wasn't I just complaining about how HUGE and pregnant I was? Where did my little baby go? He's such a little man now. We play pirates and doctor, superheroes and do puzzles. We've definitely faced some challenges with what some refer to as "terrible twos," but I can honestly say that husband and I have been able to manage that relatively well. I hear three is worse, and I am bracing myself for it, but remaining hopeful that if we handle meltdowns the same way we handled them in the past, we will make it through.

Potty training has proven to be more challenging than I assumed, but isn't everything that way with parenting? The thing is, he CAN and HAS peed on the potty. He also has told me that he has to go, and then goes on the potty. It's just a matter of being consistent, but that is where we reach the issues. He doesn't always seem to WANT to go when it's "time." I remind myself that he will not be going off to college in diapers and that we will get through this. Yes, probably right around the time we are knee-deep in baby poop again (no, I am NOT pregnant), but he will take his time and do it on his own.

If all things come together as planned (and, I have learned not to depend on plans as life tends to throw some curveballs at you), hubs should be finishing school this December. The thought that an end is in sight literally takes a weight off of my chest and brings me an immeasurable about of joy.  This has been a LONG ASS ROAD. I am, rather, we are ready to move on to the next chapter. Steady careers, a house, maybe another baby in the next couple of years ... Who knows?

In addition, this blog will be moving to a new site in the next few months. Hubs got me my on domain for our anniversary last year and I have done nothing with it. Fail on my part. However, he asked if I want to renew it and I said, "YES!" I am going to build up my blog posts and maybe let more folks into my world.  My goal is to post weekly. Kind of like that Project 52, I guess.

Have a fantastic week, everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment